Sunday, September 06, 2015

Firsts

First of all, it is interesting to me that I had to go back and check what my last blog post was about so that I didn't repeat anything.  I'm still really not entirely sure of all that I wrote, so I will have to check again and again.  Old age is getting to me.

This week was our first week of school, and it began with our first day of school.  The first day was a half day, so it was nice.  It's always interesting how I plan so much, but then it doesn't seem like enough.  The kids were all quiet and on their best behavior.  I teach two grades: 3rd and 4th.  The fourth graders are with me again this year after having been in my class last year for 3rd grade, and I have two repeaters.  Most of the third grade knows me, but they have never been in my class.  Basically 4th grade is used to me and several of them have already gotten their names on the board.  3rd grade is not used to me, so their behavior is on point for now.

Break time

 
 Group Work




Playing on the playground after school

The cutest little 2nd graders

 4th Grade

3rd Grade

Kids in the lunch room waiting to start on the first day of school

Kids in the lunch room waiting to start on the first day of school

This year I have quite a few kids whose parents tell them specifically not to listen to things about Jesus or that Jesus is not real.  I've always wanted to tell them about Jesus and try to communicate Him as clearly as possible, but now it seems even more important as they are in my class.  Please pray for me as I pray for them and teach them.   I pray I remember that the gospel speaks for itself and there is nothing I can add to it.  I don't want to cheapen it by making it fun or watering it down.  I want seeds to be planted; I want these kids to follow Christ with all of their hearts.
And so today I was convicted as I have not been keeping in regular prayer.  I can read the Bible all day long, I can talk about Christ all day long, but it is God who does the work.  Prayer is what I need for discernment, wisdom, God's Holy Spirit to work, energy, strength and so much more!!

This week has been good but super busy.  Trying to get over jet lag and now being active when for the last 3 months I was pretty sedentary has been very interesting.  Also, I've been trying to show my roommate around and help her with stuff.  She is such a blessing!  She is very sweet and adventurous.  It will be awesome to get to know her more.  Yesterday, Saturday, we decided to get some cleaning done and ended up throwing away so much stuff!! It was great! But much energy was expended.  Tomorrow, our plan is to go to Seoul and see some sights.  It should be fun.

No comments: