Monday, October 16, 2006

ITUNES

Well I am very happy to say my ipod and itunes are in sync! Some would say "big deal, they're supposed to be anyway". Well for the longest time mine were not. I had reformatted my computer (or whatever it is you do, when you erase everything and start over from new). I am sad to say that I had not backed up any of the programs on the computer other than the standard stuff you have to do when you first get the computer or what already comes with it. Anyhoo. I lost all my songs on itunes and was afraid if I plugged the ipod onto the computer I would lose all my stuff. Although this would have never had happened I was convinced of it. So luckily I had bought a charging system that would plug into the wall and into the car. So I did some research on Apple's sight in the discussion panel. They talked about this one thing called yamipod. I tried it out and either I couldn't figure it out or it wasn't intended for what I wanted to use it. So then I found this other program called PodUtility, or something like that. With a little help from an article from the ipod lounge I was able to take all the songs off my ipod and put it on to itunes! Success! Yes! But then, oh no! I kept getting this message that there was like 38 errors, and these songs were not authorized to be played on this computer. I was so bummed. I could understand if I had illegally gotten this stuff then ok. But one of the major cds I couldn't access was one I bought and manually imported onto itunes. So I saw the cd on itunes and I clicked on one of the songs just to see what would happen. So apparently all I had to do was enter my itunes password and it was all good! Yes! Thank you Jesus! The only thing is that the program I used is like a demo or something and they want registration and eventually payment. Right now funds are in the red so sorry. I hope it doesn't screw with anything. Well that is my long harrowing tale!

No comments: