Monday, September 13, 2010

Curiouser and curiouser....

This week has been extremely interesting. What's even more interesting is that I say this week and it's only Monday! I guess I mean the past 5 or 7 days has been interesting. School has been good and crazy. My kids seem to be getting what I am teaching them, so that is good. On the other hand it is a big struggle to get some of them to do anything. I pray God gives me more patience. Please pray the same for me! :)

I'm also asking for prayer because this week I start tutoring two students in my fifth and sixth grade english class. See, what I do is trade my math for their teacher's english. ok maybe that wasn't that clear, and I'm supposed to be teaching English. Great. Anyhoo. He teaches my fourth graders math and I teach his fifth and sixth graders english. Ok. Back to the original point. These two girls need extra tutoring in english. I mean the language, not the subject. Mostly I will help them with their homework, but the goal is overall improvement. I'm asking for wisdom and knowledge from Almighty God Himself as to how to help these girls. I don't want them to walk away not knowing anything, and to be quite honest, I don't want to look like the dumb teacher who doesn't know anything. So perhaps my prayer request is a bit selfish, but it is also for good. ;)

In my selfishness, I also ask that you pray this for me. (thanks Sanford if you are reading)

Ephesians 1:15-19

15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe.


I will pray this for you all. I love you all and I miss you. I cry as I write this because God is touching my heart, my very soul. He is using this time in my life (that is sometimes such a struggle (I will probably have gray hairs ;)) and making me stronger for this moment. I am eternally grateful and I love my savior!

No comments: